Kenya’s mobile penetration stands ~90.4% according to the Communications Authority of Kenya in its first quarter of the 2017/2018 Financial Year report, with active mobile money transfer subscriptions at 28.1 million while the number of registered agents stands at 184,537. With statistics showing that, more than 50% of Kenyans want to do banking and access other services on mobile because of its convenience and ease of use has led to many companies keen on making bold moves to capitalize on it.
With the growing need for Kenyans to access and carry out their banking needs via their mobile channels, Barclays Kenya have stepped up to ease how Kenyans bank and access loans as well as pay some of their day to day bills by launched a new mobile application dubbed Timiza which heralds the banks expansion into virtual banking.
“By understanding our customer’s needs, we can efficiently work towards ensuring that all their financial needs are met,” Jeremy Awori, CEO
The new mobile app comes with an assortment of banking solutions that will enable Kenyans to bank and access banking solutions from the comfort of their mobile devices. The application will allow entrepreneurs to access micro loans depending on the MPESA Credit rating to payable back in 30 days. The loan come with an interest of 6.17% (5% Processing Fee + 1.7% Interest).
The Timiza Mobile App from Barclays is available to you available on Google Play Store, whether you are a Barclays customer or not. Your convenient financial self-service channel allows you to easily open an account, borrow and transact on the go from your mobile phone.
The best thing about Timiza is that it is not only a digital banking product but incorporates other key essentials for a day-to-day running. Here are some of things you can be able to do on Timiza:
- Open a Timiza transactional account
- Access quick mobile loans.
- Deposit cash to your Timiza account from M-Pesa.
- Withdraw cash from Your Timiza account to M-Pesa.
- Top up airtime for any Safaricom & Airtel mobile number.
- Pay your utility bills – Nairobi water, KPLC (Post-paid & Prepaid), ZUKU, DSTV, GO TV
- Purchase Insurance cover. (Personal accident & last expense).
- Transfer funds to another registered Timiza user for free.
- Request a cab on little cab.
- Invite contacts on your phone book to join Timiza.
- Barclays Branch & ATM Locator – Near Me.
- Track foreign exchange rates.
How to get a loan on Timiza App
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Proceed to save or borrow depending on your needs.
It is your time to Timiza! Dial *848#.